Wednesday 8 September 2010

Squiding in Wollongong

Hello,

Today I visited some shops in Wollongong and after I went Squiding in the afternoon.

The location was Shell Harbour (Bass Point)
I caught 2 squid at this point. I used the Yamashita squid jig EGI OH Q LIVE 3.5.

This photo is today's result.

To begin with this squid attacked my jig! This one is small size.


Next, Another squid attacked my jig. The size is bigger. The photo is as follows.


The method is 3 to 5 sharp jerks then wait for the jig to fall.

The pause after each action is very important when squiding!
It is when the jig falls that the squid will bite.

Today's situation is as follows.

1.Shallow area.
2.Clear water.
3.Time is daytaime.

The jig color I selected has gold under tape, outer cloth is olive and natural color because of  this situation.

Jig color is very important point.

This photo is today's tackle.


Rod: EGI OH WHIZZER'S JIVE 8.6ft.Made by Yamashita
Reel: Sephia CI4 C3000 Made by Shimano
Jigs: EGI OH Q LIVE 3.5 Color of RDOLK and NAJK Made by Yamashita
Line: PE EGI HG #0.8 Made by Sunline

2 comments:

  1. Hi Taiki,
    Nice squid!!
    Why did you choose size3.5 at the shallow area? Choosing the Gold tape and Olive outer colour are reasonable in the clear water but I think using heavier jig is easy to stick the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Thank you for good question.
    Because I need widely appeal. The size3.5 jig have strong appeal and long cast ability.
    If you are often happen to stick the bottom I recomend useing Shallow type. EGI OH Q SEN is very good. SEN mean shallow type.

    ReplyDelete